Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Dawning of the Age of... Gemini?

Happy "we're all of a sudden a different astrological sign" Day!





It's funny because when I first heard the talk (ok, saw it on everybody's facebook status), I was less than ecstatic.  I'm a Taurus, a BULL, a strong, stubborn, slightly bitchy but always loveable Taurus.  When I was five years old and liked to look at those dumb astrology books in Barnes N' Noble, Taurus was what I was taught to look at.  When I was 14 and comparing signs to see "who would make my perfect boyfriend" Taurus was what I had to compare them too. (Although, this may mean that all my little ninth grade loves were right for me after all...) And when Cosmo's yearly Astrological Guide comes out, it's only Taurus that I've learned to skip too without thinking.  So, what's a girl to do when her entire world is put a-tilt... except literally.  You turn to the internet, that's what.  And you look up the astrological sign that comes after all you've known for the past 21 years- which for me, is Gemini.  


I cannot say that you will meet your sign with as overwhelming success as I did, but I must say, I think this new shift of the signs is onto something. Here's why:

  • While I always embraced my Taurus-ness, there was always something about it that seemed slightly off.  Yes, I'm stubborn, affectionate, a good friend, and determined.  But I am FAR from practical, stable, inflexible, fixed in opinion   
So, moving forward to my new sign of the Gemini, I have found:

  • I talk whenever I get the chance- check!
  • I'm driven towards communication in both the written and verbal form- check!
  • I enjoy media and keeping up with the times and the trends- check!
  • I exaggerate- sadly, check!
  • Enjoys agile sports like yoga- check check!
  • Can see things from all different perspectives- check!
  • Little self-faith is masked my wit and sarcasm- (again sadly) check! (and now you know my weakness)
All this being said, I think I can fit comfortably in to the life of a Gemini, though I will miss searching for Taurus in those horoscope sections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment