Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Wonderland?

Some people adore winter.  That bitter chill in the air, the hush of falling snow, everything powdered white, an excuse to gorge yourself on Tollhouse cookie-dough... what's not to like?  Call me a cynic, but snow plows waking you up at 4am, iced over roads, and the burning of said cookie-dough when you decide to back them are all reasons enough why I can't wait to say peace out to Jack Frost and hello to the forgotten sundresses hanging lonely in my closet. 


BUT i will say, winter offers us two good things: scarves and sweaters.  In fact, there are times when I'm baking in a July bedroom and wishing it was just cold enough to cuddle up with a sweater.  Besides, scarves have been the saviors to many an outfit lacking that little bit of je ne sais quoi.  So, since my home is piled under (where are those damn plowers when you need them??) I've decided to warm up by scouring the internet for wallet-friendly sweaters you can stock up on before winter becomes as dead as these trees in my backyard. Viva la sweater and Viva la cold!




I've had my eye on this one since December, my dying bank account is to blame for not snagging it sooner.  Rich red and blacks, zany print, ability to dress up or down with heels and gold or a belt and boots.  Top hats- use your discretion.




I'm a sucker for a good leopard print, and a good long cardigan, so the union of this is 
the birth of a God for me.  Warm and cozy, yet slouchy and stylish, just fierce enough to go bold with
or refined enough to pair over a little black dress.  E-bay deal though so hurry and bid!



Okay i get it, I have an unhealthy fixation for blacks and reds, the eye can't help the
colors it's naturally drawn to.  But that being said, such unique shouldering and that almost-sheer bottom 
wins me over... it's on sale too!


                                                   Market Publique

    Light some cinnamon incense, throw on some Hendrix, and cuddle up with this gorgeous tie-dye pullover.




And I did promise you scarves so here are two great finds for a reasonable enough price:


For the boho chick and cosmopolitan lady in all of us.


That's it for today loves.  Now, even my scrooge heart can say "Let it Snow!" <3

No comments:

Post a Comment