Saturday, January 15, 2011

Whoaaaa 21 and Invincible

Just got back from the sweet 16 of a family friend.  The theme was "sweets" and while I've never been much of a candy junkie (i'm more of a foodie for sure!) I did rekindle my love for jolly ranchers.  As if it wasn't bad enough I was seated at the gummy bear table (living up to it's name with helpless little bears strewn about the table in greens and oranges- the BEST flavors), my seatmates and I were treated to candy vases filled with tiny treats- Krackle, Resses, Goodbars, Skittles, Dum-Dums, and my classic Jolly Ranchers.

Granted, maybe I felt more like six again then sixteen, but it did make my mind cartwheel back to the days of goodie bags and sugar highs, when birthday parties were more about the candy that fell out of the pinata than who you could catch falling out of the closet during Seven Minutes In Heaven.  And yes, you miss it. But when you're looking back with a glass of Merlot in your hand, AND still able to reach into that candy vase without having to worry about it going straight to your hips, you can better see the (sometimes forgotten) sweetness to being 21.

Jolly Ranchers may be a pleasant throwback and kissing in the closet may be an embarrassing throwback, but I'd like to think that when I look back to this day and consider it a throwback, I'll consider it a great one.  I'm 21 and I still have everything to gain- but I can see that even better than I could at six, or sixteen- and I can see it legally drinking a glass of Merlot.  And to that, we toast!


Let's also toast to the outrageous sale going on at Forever21.com!  Remember that sweater post from a few days gone by?  Stock up ladies, because when I'm talkin cheap, i mean CHEAP!
Here are some of my favorites:

2 comments:

  1. F21 goodies are almost as cheap as candy! I need to get on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I am going to check it out! Thanks!
    http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete